Thursday, August 26, 2010

Glenn Beck. Your event is OK by me!


As a matter of fact, any time you get more than one person together as in a party at some person’s house, the topics of religion, race, economy and politics will invariably come up. That is human nature and the way we are.

The fact that Glenn Beck has chosen Martin Luther King’s ‘I have a Dream’ speech date is rather cute in my view. I applauded Dr. King and his efforts of so long ago to help right some of the wrongs a nation heaped on a people due mostly to the color of their skin. For my part, I don’t give a rat’s ass what color a person is. I will like or dislike them based on their belief set and on what they do. I have had friends of all color and belief systems as friends and have been made more whole as a result.

The fact that Sarah Palin will also attend has been pointed to by a few as making this a political rally. So, what is my response? I would love to see Obama, Pelosi and Reid attend this celebration also, but doubt that will happen. No, the problem some have with Glenn Beck is that he pretty much tells it the way it is. It’s just sometimes the picture he paints of us is not very pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment