Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Critique: Homestyle Charbroiled Patty Meal


I think I have this charbroiled meat thing pretty much figured out. (I’ve seen it on a few Banquet dinners now). You take a chunk of meat like material (this package lists the meat patty as seasoned cooked beef, pork and turkey); pour some gravy over it, add a few noodles and voila, you have a charbroiled whatever. Hint: Sometimes they use different sides in an effort to confuse you. It’s important to note that this meal is also ‘a good source of protein’. (I will sleep better tonight knowing that)!

When you eat this meal, you are getting 310 calories, 950 mg of sodium and about 50 mg of cholesterol. I found the patty to be the consistency of congealed mush, but it did have a rather pleasant taste. The noodles were al dente, thank God, and went well with the gravy. This is another meal I gave relatively good marks to. A good six on a scale of ten. I did not expect any of these buck a meal deals to rank very high and a six is pretty much at the top of that scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment