Friday, December 28, 2012

Is a cold bug going around the Forsyth Mo area!

Now that we’re just into the official beginning of the 2012-13 winter season, I noticed that a lot of my friends and associates are down with some type of cold bug that results in a sore throat and a persistent cough. I’m posting this because I’ve been surprised that over 50% of the people I know are either sick or coming down with something.

Interestingly, in one week (as of December 15), the number of reported flu cases in the Springfield Missouri area have nearly doubled, from 24 to 46. The Springfield-Greene County Health Department says the greatest increase was in children ages 5-14 years old. Children, especially young children, are typically more vulnerable to the effects of the flu than older children or adults. (A more recent report is expected to be released from the CDC later today)!
Yet another good reason to make sure everyone washes their hands frequently and to stay home if they don’t feel well.

As a side note, the day after I posted this I too came down with the same bug!

No comments:

Post a Comment