Saturday, February 9, 2013

Can spring be far off? I’m thinking of gardening already!


While the calendar says it’s still mid winter, my thoughts keep jumping ahead to the 21st of March which is, as we all know, the first day of spring! So saying, I’m on the lookout for onion sets that usually appear about now in grocery stores across the area. These guys can go into the ground just as soon as you can get your hands on them and before you know it, you’ll have something to munch on in the form of scallions and such. I did a YouTube video, a while back, called ‘Onions are Easy to Grow’ which is sort of interesting to watch. I also have a gardening site called DanO’s Garden that contains some interesting tidbits especially on the topic of vegetables anyone can grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment