Friday, March 8, 2013

Allergy season is definitely on!


Don’t panic, but if you take a careful look at the area cedar trees that grow all over southwestern Missouri, you’ll find them looking rather brown! That’s because they are just about ready to burst with loads and loads of airborne pollen. And, those tiny little particles can mean shear misery should you happen to be allergic to them. But, that’s not all! Hot on their heels are the elm and maple trees!

I happen to be allergic to all three, and seeing that graph of pollen levels for the next four days has gotten me motivated to set up and turn on a HEPA air filter I recently purchased for my home.  Last year, I suffered mightily as every surface around my place became coated with a greenish sludge. This year, I plan to have a retreat where I can go to for a does of clean fresh air. That’s the plan anyway. I’m banking on the fact that by limiting my exposure to fewer hours each day, I might just be able to skate by the worst of the symptoms!

I promised to follow up on this post later on in the spring. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment