Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Critique: Hunt's Manwich Sloppy Joe Sauce!



There's is no doubt that eating a good old Sloppy Joe is one of life's great pleasures. But, is Hunt's one of the best?

I recently bought a can of Hunt's Manwich Sloppy Joe sauce mix at a local store for $1.73 for a 15 ounce can. As in most commercial products, the artwork on the can was pretty awesome, and so I succumbed to an impulse purchase.

According to the direction, all you needed to do was to brown up a pound of hamburger, drain off the grease, stir in the can of Manwich sauce and heat. Then, just grab a hamburger bun, slather on the Sloppy Joe mix and go to town! Really? Sounded too good to be true, and had I not enjoyed this meal deal many times past, I would have been suspicious. Didn't need to worry, this whole meal comes together in a snap!

After heating the mix up, I added some to a couple of buns I'd defrosted in the microwave. (You see, in my world, one serving is actually two Sloppy Joe's). Amazingly, they disappeared in a Missouri second and the taste was simply awesome!

Nutrition: Remembering that this is a tri-combination meal; bun, Sloppy Joe mix and hamburger – it's hard to nail down the real caloric content. But, I'd say, from experience, that each serving will run in the 300 plus calorie range. [Truth bet told, these guys are really not very healthy to eat. They are best consumed on a strictly part time basis and should ideally be supplemented with some veggies or fruit on the side]. But, it you're like me – eating this kind of stuff is so sinful, (and therefore enjoyable), that one often thinks 'to hell with it all' and so goes for a second helping! Which I did!

As to the Hunt's rating – well doggone it all. This has got to be one of the best sauces around. I gave it an 8 on a scale of 10. So, please give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment