Tuesday, June 28, 2016

A BLT my way?



A BLT or Bacon Lettuce and Tomato sandwich are a uniquely summer time delicacy, as that is when local vine ripened tomatoes are available from roadside stands!

Well, not exactly. At least not on this post. All I could find in the way of 'vine ripened' tomatoes late in June was a hothouse variety at a local grocery store. And, while it looked pretty decent, I knew that it was actually not field ripened. Not that that's all bad! Unlike the winter versions which are unfit to eat, in my opinion, the summer varieties are grown to maturity in climate controlled greenhouses and thus are much more pleasing color and taste!

After I had cooked up three generous slices of bacon, I slapped everything together make sure to use a goodly amount of mayo! The end result was fabulous!


No comments:

Post a Comment