Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Pillsbury and their not so hot cinnamon rolls? Wrong!


Recently I made an impulse purchase of Pillsbury Flaky Cinnamon Rolls with Caramel icing. I did this to see if I could possibly push my incipient diabetes over the top....

Whenever I purchase something I haven't tried before, I often like to go to their site to see what others thought about that product. Imagine my surprise when review after review (something like 30 of them), were all one stared! Wow! I've never seen one product get some many bad reviews. My curiosity was peaked to say the least. Here are a few of the reviews;

'These are getting to be my least favorite cinnamon rolls, when you open the package the cinnamon goes everywhere, the rolls are not cut evenly, did not bake properly because of the inconsistency in the sizes of the rolls and never enough icing. I will not get these ever again.'

'Had these this am. Can didn't even pop when opened. And they didn't bake properly, no surprise there. Lots of oil running out of them after baking.... Bought at Walmart, could they have been frozen?'

'It's a huge company and they don't care if some of us miss the hot caramel rolls right out of the oven. Cinnabon will never be as good... so I don't buy these anymore and I guess that keeps my weight down if nothing else. So sad when a good thing is over.'

To be fair, there were some better to even good reviews, but they were relatively few. I wondered. Could they really be as bad as some of these people said? I determined to make them the following morning and find out....

No comments:

Post a Comment