Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Pasta, garlic toast and milk!


As I like to challenge myself to come up with meals that are at or below 500 calories, I really ratchet it up when I turn to any pasta style dish as the calories really come on fast!

This simple and easy to make meal really did hit the spot! I used the following:

56 grams of regular spaghetti
1/4 cup home made spaghetti sauce
1/2 a Bollilo roll, sliced in half
1 tsp garlic
Fake butter, 2 pats
1 tsp red wine
1/4 tsp Oregano, dried flakes
1/4 tsp basil, dried flakes

I made the spaghetti according to package instructions in a small pot of  boiling and salted water. That took about eleven minutes. Next I took a small can of tomato sauce, dumped it into s stainless steel frying pan to which was added the wine, Oregano and basil. This was lightly simmered for about five minutes or about the time it took to 'broil' the garlic bread in my convection oven. All told, this lunch time repast took about  15 minutes to prepare. It came in at just about 500 calories (note that milk was not pictured) and was delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment