Thursday, September 20, 2018

Critique: Michelina's Chicken Alfredo!

Nothing I could do would improve the pic
In general when I see a frozen entree on sale and for under a buck, I'm cautious. I wonder just how 'nutritious' such a meal-a-deal really could be. But, figuring, what the hey, I grabbed that one up along with another package that indicated I'd be enjoying 'beans and rice'. Yea.

The front of the package indicated that it was 'Delicious fettuccine pasta in a classic rich and creamy Alfredo sauce with chicken and broccoli'. My eyes were drawn to the word Alfredo which is synonymous with 'heart attack' for not a few nutritionists.

Seven grams of fat (3 grams saturated) were a bit of a culinary downer, even as the calorie content was a low 240 grams! Even the 660 grams of salt was not out of the ballpark, but 33 grams of carbohydrates was really over the top for a dieter like myself.

And, while it may not look like very much, the meal tasted OK. For .79 cents is was actually great. Just not a meal I'd serve to friends... unless I didn't like them.

No comments:

Post a Comment