Sunday, December 2, 2018

Wiener, potato and kraut diet routine!

In my everlasting and ongoing search for a diet that worked, I came across one lunch time meal that I felt had some merit. A hot dog wiener, ½ a russet potato and a dollop of sauerkraut made for a decent lunch time meal, was cost effective and good to go in the calorie department!


At under half a buck cost and coming in well under 200 calories, this was a real 'wiener' in my book! The only downside was the salt content, (something of a constant battle in a world that seems to love it). Note, also, that I used salt substitute and a spray on 'pseudo' butter.

I planned to try sticking with this combination for my lunch for a sold week, while sticking with an ETM* breakfast and a MCD or meat centered dinner.
--------------------------------------------
WPK – Wiener, ½ potato and kraut (180)
ETM* - Egg, toast and milk (~230 calories)
MCD – Breakfast steak, ½ Russet potato, simple salad (~400 calories)

No comments:

Post a Comment