Thursday, May 2, 2019

American Beauty Rotini and sauce!

For anyone with an interest, Rotini is a spiral form of pasta that is known for the manner in which it can hold onto a good tomato sauce! I enjoy eating this form of noodle fairly often which might explain my growing waistline!

A 56 gram serving or 2 ounces dry pasta will fill about ¾ of a cup. Add in a couple of tablespoons of Hunts spaghetti sauce, some garlic bread and you will be pushing 400 calories!

After setting a pot of salted water to boil, I add the pasta and set a timer for 9 minutes on simmer. In the mean time, I will take about 2 to 3 tablespoons of Hunts Original Spaghetti sauce and heat that over a stove top on low. After the pasta is done, I strain the noodles and then add them to the sauce. A couple of minutes later, I'm ready to add them to a plate alongside a couple of slices of garlic bread!

No comments:

Post a Comment