Monday, May 21, 2012

Surviving a diet while still eating at McDonald’s!


Say what you will about McDonald’s; that their playgrounds are bacteria infested cesspools or that their prices are through the roof! Yeah, go ahead and say those things, but when it gets right down to it, a Mac Attack will have you coming back for more of the same. Afterall, who can resist those great and thoroughly fattening burgers and fries. Not me! But, listen up all you quivering piles of fatty flesh out there in the blogosphere…there's hope. If you’re careful, you can walk boldly up to the food trough and still sample some of life’s forbidden fruits…er, ah burgers while losing those pounds of flab.

Here’s an example of a lunchtime meal deal that works for me:

 
A hamburger and fries!!!
Click to enlarge
This is the Double Cheeseburger with a small order of fries and a diet coke. Total damage, just 670 calories. (Now, mind you, this is a once a week deal when I’m trying to lose weight).  
 Looking at the bigger picture for the day, I’ve managed to get Breakfast and lunch and the afternoon on just under a thousand calories. Since my target is 1500 calories a day, I’ve still got over 500 to play with for my dinner and evening snacks!

The great thing is that I feel like I’m still enjoying some really nasty but good tasting food while sticking with the overall program!

No comments:

Post a Comment