Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Psychology 401! Lifehouse and Learn You Inside Out!

 "Each day, we rise and 'put on our best face' and then go out bravely, 
to weather the storm that is our unique life!" DanO

Welcome my very fine net travelers from the other post!

Please do watch this most interesting video. Also, please carefully observe and perhaps learn something more than I have thus far! Lots to see here and thoughtfully gather from the lyrics of this emblematic song by Lifehouse! Personally, I think there are at least 'nine or more statements of life and living' all synergistically going on in this video/song combo.... Failing that, just drop down to the lyrics section....

A personal insight: I really believe that our living God is very real and that He is a very dynamic part of my life and has always been so. His 'music of life' runs and thrills constantly into the very core of my being; an intrinsic living vibration, existing in the deepest parts of me, very much like a live electrical wire. A 'wire of life' that firmly connects me with this sometimes insane reality we all suffer through. And then, just perhaps, there exists a much higher reality...mostly seen fleetingly in our dreams. Good stuff, and most nights I fall asleep, dreaming ever so sweetly...

 And then when I awake, there is this 'in your face God', who challenges us all as we go living our lives from day to day. Disease, famine and war go on as a kind of personal horror show in so many individual's lives!  Life and living and how we even manage to exist, date to day, here on this granite rock we all call Earth is truly a mystery to me...

Note: This particular YouTube video and song came to me years ago, and I could not hear it very well, as my father was dying at the time. Later on, I could hear and understand the subtle nuances very loud and clear... it's called being human and hurting and to know what hurting is! And, so I now (in 2019) think I see life through a clearer lens, or maybe not. [Edit 70]. This song is about us as homo sapiens, and of a God speaking so clearly to us, that it hurts my face...

Lyrics by Lifehouse - > Learn You Inside Out

Sit, my feet on the ground...
It feels like the world's... gravity drowns!
When I'm with you, I'm high...

Oh, and instead of hiding my face
My minds in your eyes
Can your love embrace... me as I am?

Will the silence you stare at the world
Your eyes are screaming to be heard
I wanna learn you inside out...

And when time, is not on our side,
All we have is now
For the rest of our lives

Let's stay up all night...

In the silence you stare at the world
Your eyes are screaming to be heard
I wanna learn you inside out

All the changes each time
Can't keep you inside of me!
You're out of my mind
I wear you on my sleeve...

In the silence, you stare at the world
Your eyes are screaming to be heard
I wanna learn you inside out
I see all that you wanna be
Into your soul looking right back at me
I wanna learn you inside out...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We seem to be becoming increasingly strange(r) to each other, sometimes even in our own homes... As of (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020) it seems to me that we might just have a rather treacherous group of individuals running things behind closed doors. I feel more and more like a dumb sheep, just waiting to be sheared... or worst yet, left to a pointless existence.


And so, as my father lived his life as a young man, and who flew a fighter plane in WWII and who killed his enemies. And so who as a young man, after suffering those horrible acts of war, and yet who steadfastly helped and who grew me up to a young and protected adulthood. A man who paid so dearly later on, all with me never really knowing how he suffered each day. All this happening, at a time in my life, when everything truly sparkled growing up in the 60's and 70's... Well, fuck me forever.... My father, my mother. you were everything and all things to me.... And, so, in some day in 2020, God's spirit renewed all the cells of the biotic that was me. Damn! And my wine glass was staying full! Go figure.

FYI: The original rabbit hole - Open your eyes and start here fellow travelers!
|
Now, brave souls, on wards to ear bending stuff!
http://forsythkid.blogspot.com/2014/08/pm-today-this-disease.html 

1 comment:

  1. Too bad more people don't read your posts or understand them. Our education system is beyond broken and the young people of today can't think for themselves much less be the leaders of tomorrow..They blindly follow what the news tells them as truth with out researching it. Just keep posting Dan, there are one's like me who have the education to understand it...

    ReplyDelete