Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Critique: Stouffer's stuffed Pepper entree!

At $4.65, I felt that I had really splurged when I bought what had always been a favorite in days gone by. The packaging looked just the way my homemade peppers looked when I made this recipe from scratch! At just 150 calories per serving, it sure seemed to be a good deal. Even the microwave instructions were a breeze – cut a slit in the plastic cover and nuke for thirteen minutes on high.

That said, this meal did not meet with my expectations, not by a country mile. The pepper was mushy, the meat and rice filling tasteless and that sauce – what what the hell was that? Suffice it to say that I was not pleased. I gave this creation a 3 on a scale of 10. Avoid it and make you own at home! For a hint of what the real thing is like, please check out my post on Slow Cooker Stuffed Peppers!

No comments:

Post a Comment