Friday, January 16, 2015

Those little plastic salad cups!

Who'd ever write about salad cups? That'd be me!
Whenever I order a take home meal from a local restaurant I frequent, I often will have a salad which is accompanied by a small plastic cup containing whatever salad dressing I had ordered to go with the salad. Just recently I had ordered French dressing and as I was rinsing out the container, I became curious to see how much dressing I had consumed.

In terms of size, these cups are pretty small (see diagram). There are two parts, a lid and the cup
itself. Both weigh about a gram a piece. The material used to make them is polystyrene, a material that is recyclable. Each cup, when filled to the brim, will hold 59 ml or 2 ounces of dressing. The filled cup pictured above held 41 grams or about two tablespoons of dressing which I made myself using equal parts mayo and ketchup!

These little guys work great as reusable containers for small salads that I like to make up ahead of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment