Saturday, August 15, 2015

Nest learning thermostat - avoid it!

CRAP technology and company!
The Nest thermostat, to put it mildly, is a piece of shit! Save your money and wait for some company that knows what they are doing to come out with a better unit. I've never more sad as when I came to contact with the morons that man and staff this God forsaken company. If you have a problem, there is no response via email and the wait times for their help line is always a half an hour or more.

Just let me be clear - buying the NEST is going the be the worst decision of your life!

Update: To be fair and accurate - my Nest seems to be improving - the last time it shut down on August 16, 2015, the fan also thankfully shut off. I'd just like for the makers to come forth and announce to the public what the F is going on! Until they do, my judgement stands!Oh, and another note - the manufacturer has just announced a new version! Gee, go figure. I guess that they are moving on while the earlier buyers watch their taillights....

Update: On Labor Day, September 7th, the Nest reporting site was totally off line....

No comments:

Post a Comment