Tuesday, December 1, 2015

A convection oven baked potato!



Baking a potato in my new oven seemed like a real snap. My only concern was the amount of power required to do it! I wondered, also, if a potato made in this manner would taste better or the same had I used a much cheaper (power wise) microwave for a mere 5 minutes??

A medium Russet potato with the short instructions:
Wash it!
Pierce it numerous times with knife!
Add oil and salt!

Directions: Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes for medium to large potatoes. Turn potatoes over halfway through the baking time to ensure even crispness and avoid darkening on one side. Remove from oven when baking time ends and cut or squish top of potato open. Garnish with desired condiments, sauces, butter, sour cream or spices.

I took a 340 gram Russet, washed, pierced it, oiled it and then salted it as directed and placed it into the oven set at 365ยบF for 45 minutes. I used the lower temperature setting as a precaution against overcooking. I knew I could always nuke it for a few minutes if needed.

The potato came out perfect, and the power used was only .35 kWh! Not all that bad, assuming I don't use this device every day!

1 comment: