So, here are the facts as I understood them concerning the body that was discovered by a passerby on November 16, 2016:
- That an autopsy had been performed.
- That the person died due to 'self-strangulation'..
- That the state of decomposition was so great, the
determination of gender was impossible.
- That an 'Investigation at the scene by both the Forsyth
Detective, two Taney County Detectives and the Assistant Coroner
(who is a retired Detective) all concluded that the incident appears
to be non-suspicious and there is no concerns of public endangerment
involved with this incident.'
- That the Taney County Sheriff Jimmie Russell, in a separate statement also issued Thursday morning, did not rule out the possibility the body could be that of Amanda Hillhouse, a 30-year-old Forsyth woman who had been reported missing. Hillhouse was last seen Oct. 25 about a half mile from the site where the body was found, according to Russell. Unlike the statement from Forsyth police, Russell’s press release states that the body is a woman’s.
Finally, this factoid needs to be read again.. 'Investigation at the scene by both the Forsyth Detective, two Taney County Detectives and the Assistant Coroner (who is a retired Detective) all concluded that the incident appears to be non-suspicious and there is no concerns of public endangerment involved with this incident.' Wow! How'd they come up with that little tidbit so quickly?
Other speculation. Were this individual turn out to be Amanda and were she to have expired on or about Nov 24, the temps were warm enough for rapid decomposition (see below).
Well, anyway we still have to wait for a positive ID on the body via a dental comparison with Amanda's dental records, but one could still wonder what would happen if it does indeed turn out to be her? Why that would certainly open up a new can of worms, wouldn't it?
Update: November 25 - Still waiting... crickets making sounds...
Update: November 28 - Taney County has their best man working this case...
Update: December 4 - Nothing, nada. I assume that the body was identified, but that the person was so unimportant as to not be worthy of media followup....
Update: Body was identified!! What a sad surprise. And the who horrific and terrible event was still classified as a 'not suspicious' death!
[Source: Branson Tri-Lakes News]