Monday, November 21, 2016

Diet and Thanksgiving really go together.. Really?


Speaking as an older person who has been battling his weight for decades, I wanted to put my two cents in on the Thanksgiving meal blastorama.

According to research from the Calorie Control Council, the average American may consume more than 4,500 calories and a whopping 229 grams of fat during a typical holiday gathering from snacking and eating a traditional Thanksgiving dinner with turkey and all the trimmings. Holy tamales! I've been eking by on only 1800 calories a day for what seems like forever just in order to lose a couple of pounds a month. (And, even that has been touch and go)! A 4500 calorie meal would set me back a very long ways indeed! And frankly, it just ain't worth it, to me!

This year, I plan to do something sane. I'm going to forego the huge Thanksgiving blowout in favor of a simple and sensible meal deal that will include the following;

 I feel I could live with the seven hundred calories, just so long as I scrimp a bit on breakfast and lunch. And, that horrible sodium reading... I'll just have to live with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment