Sunday, April 9, 2017

Mini two quart slower cooker try out!


I was somewhat doubtful, when I recently ordered a small 2 quart slow cooker from Amazon, as to whether or not I would actually get much use out of the little guy. But, as I live alone, I thought to give it a try.
Cost $7.87!

One of my early attempts was to make a simple vegetable beef soup using the following ingredients;

411 gram can of diced tomatoes [$1]
1/2 lb cubed beef, (braised before adding)[$2]
1 small Russet potato, peeled and diced [.10]
1 carrot, peeled and sliced thin [.10]
1 turnip, peeled and cut into small chunks [.50]
2 stalks of celery cut into small pieces [ .20]
1/4 can of cut green beans that were leftovers [N/A]
40 grams of green cabbage, shredded [N/A]
1 beef bouillon cube [.10]
1 dash cayenne pepper (optional) [N/A]
1/4 tsp salt substitute [N/A]

Really not much to this meal, and it was prepped in well under ten minutes. After everything was tossed in, it had come nearly to the top. I then added just enough water to finish it all off at an even two quarts. The result looked pretty good, (at least to my eyes). I set the slow cooker to high and then left it to its own devices for about four hours! The soup was definitely on!!


The end result was not too shabby - an excellent meal that consisted of about 5-6 servings and which cost me very little money, roughly $4 or about half a buck per serving. I now felt sure that me and my slow cooker just might have a long and enduring relationship!  




No comments:

Post a Comment