Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Sitting on the dock of some bay somewhere.


Otis Redding passed from this earth on December 10, 1967 - Among the many wonderful facets he brought to us was a simple song - On this day in early 2018, I'd love for everyone to picture in their minds, a dock, a bay and who each of us really are in the scheme of God's theme....

I threw out this deal as a sort of meditation and contemplation sort of song that I think Mr. Redding would have appreciated. The conundrum and strange paradox for each of us is living in a crazy and mixed up world are the mixed emotions we have, of both the hoped for reality of our spiritual existence when coldly faced with the absolute frailty our genome. Damn those constantly shredding Telomeres and the physical timeline end of each of us they do foretell. My best hope is that the Creator will catch me when I ultimately fall....Likely a shattered and broken man, still smiling through those tears of earthly existence...

No comments:

Post a Comment