Friday, November 8, 2019

An old man eating soup.

While sitting in a cafeteria at a care center, recently, I heard an old man state: 'Good living is like a bowl of homemade vegetable beef soup. It's a crazy mix of assorted veggies with some meat tossed in to make the whole thing work. It takes effort to prepare correctly, quite a while to cook, but in the end it's an awesome experience.'

I told him that didn't make much sense to me. He responded to my by asking, 'Do you even like making soup?' He asked with a concerned face.

I said no, not particularly. Too much work. Me, I like the canned stuff. You know, it's quick and cheap. He smiled, took a spoonful close to his mouth, blew on it and then gulped it down. 'There you go', he said with a smile. You just made a Democratic Party case for me.... That which is good comes at a cost to build. That which is cheap also comes at an even higher cost'.

No comments:

Post a Comment