Friday, July 20, 2012

Mrs. Wages Hot Salsa Mix!


 For anyone who finds themselves saddled with an excess of tomatoes, making Salsa is not only easy but it’s also a great way to save your excess produce for up to a year if you elect to freeze or can them!

If you’re like me, you want to do things right and so I use a commercially prepared mix like Mrs. Wages ‘Hot Salsa’ to help take the guesswork out of the process. All you need are six pounds of fresh tomatoes, ½ a cup of vinegar and the mix and you good to go. The directions on the package guide you through making fresh salsa, freezing and canning. I choose to can my tomatoes up as I happen to have the required canning equipment already on hand. In my case I used ½ pint Ball Jelly jars. These small guys hold just the right amount of salsa which I like to take to a local bar when I’m meeting friends. Once there I order up a large bowl of tortilla chips and a couple of small bowls for the salsa and everyone is good to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment