Saturday, August 23, 2014

A form for living!

One of the good aspects of being OCD is my ability to set up a schedule of activities and then stick to it. Over the past couple of months, I've created a form that allows me to  focus on and then track some improvements I want to make in my life. They were, in no particular order;

1) Cut back on beer drinking.
2) Lose 15 pounds of unneeded weight.
3) Improve my diet.
4) Work on improve my over all state of physical health. This with an eye towards improving my foot pain due to sciatica.

I started this program on the third of July and have stuck with it. During that time, I managed to cut beer out entirely for the four weeks of July and the first week of August. I then fell back into my old habits, but have succeeded in improved moderation. I also went from 196 pounds down to a current 188, so that part of the program has also paid some dividends. The only area I seem to be lacking in is that of getting in a good 16 minutes of cardio-based exercise. still working on that one. Finally, my foot condition has improved also! Not dramatically, mind you, but I am seeing some steady progress.

The key to reaching a goal, any goal, is in the form of consistency of action. You have to be motivated enough to get up every day and perform some series of activities that gets you a bit closer to where you want to go. In my case, every day is a battle fought during the course of a long war. Some days, I've hit on all cylinders, while other days have been pretty much of a disaster. But, the important thing is that I will strive to do a little better the next day. (Say, that's that's pretty much what life is all about, isn't it)?

No comments:

Post a Comment