Friday, October 12, 2018

A simple egg sandwich and thoughts of Thoreau!

I think it might have been Henry David Thoreau that uttered the words 'simplify, simplify'. Perhaps he was thinking that we often go through life exhausted because we tend to take on too many things, bring too much complexity to our days, and don’t have time to... simply enjoy life!

With that thought in mind, I elected one October day, to have a very simple lunch comprised of an egg sandwich on white bread with a side of coleslaw. (I was in the sort of mood wherein I'd felt exhausted, as of late, and felt that I needed to break away).


In addition to enjoying such a simple meal, I also decided to keep the TV turned of while listening to 'soft and easy listening music'. Wow! A first, I thought I'd go crazy, but then as the day wore on, I found that I'd already been driven crazy with to many thoughts cluttering up my mind. De-tune and re-a-tune my mind along more esoteric channels, that seemed to be the key!

No comments:

Post a Comment