Tuesday, October 9, 2018

DanO's All American Dawg!

After going, a couple of times to the local Sonic Drive-in and enjoying their hot dogs and fries, I decided to try and emulate that offering with one exception; I shit-canned the fries in favor of something a bit more nutritious and a lot more cheap!

The Sonic All American dog and medium fries was a bit of a nutritional nightmare as far as I was concerned:


A 700 calorie lunch might be cool for an athlete or someone in great shape, but perhaps not so much for an aging gnome such as myself. With tax, this meal deal came in at $4.31! I figure I could craft a much more nutritional dawg and coleslaw side at a much better price. This is what I came up with:


About half the calories and maybe one fourth the cost made this a sure fire winner for me at lunchtime!

No comments:

Post a Comment