Friday, February 28, 2014

The Pretenders and Don't Get Me Wrong!


 A really great vocalist and side guitar! Kiitos!

 I fixed a glitch in the vocals in this great song by the Pretenders that was posted on YouTube - it had the audio off by something like nine one thousands of a second... I uploaded this revised version in an .flv format. In hindsight, I may post this to my YouTube channel just for fun in a similar format...although increasingly, I find YouTube less and less appetizing... I have a very sensitive nose for all things becoming rotten and corrupt...

Truth is, most of the monies that should go to a specific band, actually end up in some mega corporations (such as BMG's) pockets - it would be far better if we listeners could figure out a way to get those dollars directly into the pockets of the musicians... just a thought! [Maybe a flash-cash account could be set up whereby a web person like myself could hit a button next to a songs name and shoot a composer a dime!] That would work for me and I'm pretty sure it would work for them! BTW - that button above doesn't work...yet! Would someone please run with this?

Background: The Pretenders are an English-American rock band formed in Hereford, England, in March 1978. The original band comprised initiator and main songwriter Chrissie Hynde (lead vocals, rhythm guitar), James Honeyman-Scott (lead guitar, backing vocals, keyboards), Pete Farndon (bass guitar, backing vocals), and Martin Chambers (drums, backing vocals, percussion).

No comments:

Post a Comment