Sunday, May 18, 2014

Critique: Marie Callender's Country Fried Chicken and Gravy!

I've commented on some if the Marie Callender products in the past and can say, without a doubt that this is one of her better creations! You get just about everything a hungry man would want in a meal. There's that chicken breast thing sitting pretty as you please in a pile of mashed pertaters along side of which is a hearty helping of corn! And at only 560 calories, this meal won't break the diet budget!

While tasty! This meal has over a 1000 mg of sodium!
The directions are simple. (Something I insist on if I'm going to go to the bother with when preparing a TV dinner). You just slash the plastic over the corn and the little packet of gravy, nuke everything for about 4 minutes, lift the plastic and stir the potatoes while rotating the chicken a quarter turn, reseal and then give her
another shot on high for about 3 minutes. Simple enough even for an aging gnome like myself. And while I can't remember what I payed for it, I know it was either on sale or under three bucks. I'm too cheap to spend much more than that.

Taste wise, this meal hit all the marks! The chicken was moist, the taters tasted like taters and the corn was sweet! I gave this a solid 8 on a scale of 10!

No comments:

Post a Comment