Wednesday, May 14, 2014

The BLT sandwich! Now's the time!

YES! It's time to enjoy a vintage BLT or bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich! I've been waiting all winter for the first true vine ripened tomatoes to begin showing up a my local grocery, and in mid May, I got my wish! I gathered together the ingredients I needed; namely bacon, lettuce, tomato, mayonnaise and bread for a quick and easy assembly.

When making this very popular sandwich, there aren't too many rules. Just make sure to use the best tomatoes and bacon you can afford or find! I personally like my bread toasted and will use romaine rather than iceberg lettuce to bring a little more nutrition to the table. You also want to make sure that the tomato slices are cut nice and thick and that there is plenty of bacon! For this effort, I used 2 slices of Better Boy vine ripened tomato, 3 strips of smoked bacon, and about a tablespoon of lite mayonnaise all sandwiched between two slices of toasted Italian bread. The taste was absolutely incredible!

No comments:

Post a Comment