Sunday, October 16, 2011

Coy Bald on a beautiful fall day!


For any reader not familiar with Coy Bald, it's just a medium sized 600 foot hill located in the Hercules Glades Wilderness, a 12,000 acre wilderness consisting of open grassland, forested knobs, steep rocky hillsides, limestone outcroppings, a maze of narrow drainage's, and hollows cut by water. In other words, the perfect place for old, but young minded men like myself.

On this particular day in mid October, the leaves are a falling on a Sunday where I felt the urge to go and commune with God and Nature. Two of my very best friends. The sky is mostly sunny, it’s eighty degrees outside and there a pleasing breeze out of the west. As I’m sitting here, I have a small radio set up next to an improvised stove that is cooking me a lunch of hotdogs and beans. In front of me is a short trail that crosses a dry creek bed before opening into a large meadow. Everywhere I look, I can see signs that tell me it’s mid fall and that old man winter must surely be on his way.

So, on this day, I’m thankful to the Lord for allowing me to sit here with food in hand and what will be a great memory of a day to hold and keep in the cold days that lie ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment