Saturday, January 11, 2014

Tuna salad sandwiches and nutrition!

As is generally known by many, tuna salad is a simple mix of tuna, mayo and relish. I generally like to make up just enough for two sandwiches by purchasing the small 3 ounce cans at the local grocery store. I make sure to buy my tuna packed in water as opposed to oil as I feel this is more healthy.

Recipe
1 3 oz can Tuna, drained and rinsed
2 tbsp (34 g) Mayo
1 (34 g) tbsp relish

Directions

Mix well and use about ½ of the tuna salad per whole sandwich. Simple, fast and delicious!

I like to make just ½ a sandwich which also helps to make this recipe stretch even further! Here's the nutritional breakout:

Calories: 126
Cal from fat: 38
Cholesterol: 11
Sodium: 200
Carbs: 15
Protein: 8

Combining this with a simple garden salad would satisfy even the most strict of diets!

No comments:

Post a Comment