Thursday, January 5, 2017

County Mart and that fine print!


Forsyth MO. - Country Mart has been around for some time. In general, they have been my principle destination for all my grocery shopping needs. And, like a lot of folk, I try to take advantage of any sales that might be going on such as what they put online. It's also been a common practice for them to have ads that read '2 for $5' and stuff like that. So, it was with no little surprise when I fell victim to the ad pictured above. At first glance, it looks as though you could just buy one bag and expect to pay $2.50, but that wasn't so. If you look closely, you can see they have a 'disclaimer' or modifier that states that if you purchase one bag, you pay the full price. In their most recent flyer that will run from Friday, January 6th to Sunday, Jan the 8th, all of the other 'two for's' do not have that wording! It's just when one purchases these chips, that an unaware shopper might breeze through the checkout counter only to find that they paid full price, after they got home!

Now, I fully understand that this sort of thing is legal. It just seems to be shady to people like myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment