Monday, September 2, 2019

The Bull Shoals monster!

Rare picture of what??
Some people say that Bull Shoals Lake in southwestern Missouri may not be the safest place to venture about, especially in its more desolate reaches. 

Bull Shoals is a large body of water that forms the tertiary branch of three reservoirs near my town of Forsyth Missouri. I've lived in the area for quite some time and I think it was along about 1998 that I was out walking along the shoreline when I spied a strange sort of creature off in the distance. The light wasn't very good, yet I could see well enough to tell that the creature was easily over twelve feet long. At first, I thought it had to be a trick of the lighting or maybe even some form of a mirage. But, I snapped a picture anyway with my trusty Canon camera. As soon as I clicked the shutter, however, the thing was gone in the blink of an eye. It moved so darn fast, I'd almost convinced myself I had wasted some film and wouldn't see anything at all once it was developed...

A week later, the film came back and boy was I amazed! What sort creature from hell was this, I asked myself? It looked all twisted up and even deformed in places! I remember that a shiver ran briefly down my spine as I contemplated showing it to my friends. No. I decided. Why face the potential ridicule. So, I stuffed the picture into a photo album, where it then languished for decades. Then, in the early fall of 2021, the killings began....

No comments:

Post a Comment