Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Pancakes are back on my list of stuff to eat!

Sugar free versus regular syrup!
I happen to love certain foods; pasta, pies and pancakes! Up until recently, though, a heaping pile of cakes were high on my diet no-no list due the the incredibly high sugar and carbohydrate levels! After all, when you look closely at the overall nutrition, the real bad guy in the mix was the syrup! My generic bottle of 'Always Save' with a suggested serving size of four tablespoons of product contained 210 calories with 52 grams of carbs! Compare that to a bottle of Maple Grove Farms 'Sugar Free' syrup at just 15 calories and just 6 grams of carbs! I felt that this was doable and so I've included pancakes back into the fold of good to go meals!

So, how'd it taste? I noticed that the sugar free version appeared to be lighter in density, but I could not tell the difference when it came to taste!

Caution: The Maple Groves Farms product contains Phenylalanine which may cause symptoms of anxiety, jitteriness, and hyperactivity in children. Doses higher than 5,000 mg a day may be toxic and can cause nerve damage. High quantities of DL-phenylalanine may cause mild side effects such as nausea, heartburn, and headaches. But, before freaking out, Phenylalanine occurs naturally in many protein-rich foods, such as milk, eggs and meat. Phenylalanine also is sold as a dietary supplement. So, just as with sodas, try and keep your use of this product at conservative levels.

No comments:

Post a Comment