Friday, July 19, 2019

Time for some Crockpot chili!

What was that old saying? Chili today, hot tamale! Not wanting to go against such a tome, I decided to make up a batch of my favorite chili via the slow cooker.

Yes, I know. I've posted about a million-jillion (Definition of jillion - an extremely large number) chili recipes, in the past, with most all of them sounding about the same! But, on this day I was planning to add something really new! First off, here's my tried and true recipe:

1 lb ground beef (80% - 20% mix)
1 onion, chopped (for use as a topping,when you eat the stuff)
1 can petite diced tomatoes, 8 oz
1 can red kidney beans, drained
14 grams of Williams chili mix (per lb ground beef)
1 tsp Olive oil
1 tsp brown sugar (optional) per lb ground beef
Dash of cayenne pepper
dash salt and pepper

and now for the new stuff!

2 banana peppers, minced (adds a little more heat)
½ bell pepper, minced

See! Who said you couldn't teach an old dog like me a few new tricks? Seriously, though, I was slowly zeroing in on the ultimate simple chili! That, you see, is my life's ambition.

Now if you add in some pasta and a few more toppings you get this!

No comments:

Post a Comment