Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Critique: Lean Cuisine Chicken Chow Mein!



While I’m no big fan of Chinese cuisine, I’ve always made chicken chow mien one of the few exceptions! This offering caught my eye during a recent trip to the grocery store as a sale item at $2.50.

Nutritionally, this meal is pretty moderate. At just 240 calories, it fits in nicely with my current diet at a sensible dinner entree. The cholesterol is also a modest 25 mg and even the sodium is a tame 550 mg! All numbers that fit nicely into a dinner experience when combined with a modest salad using oil and vinegar.  Here’s what that looked like after I had removed the contents from its package and assembled it on a serving plate.

How did it taste? Just so-so. Some of the vegetables were a little undone as was the rice. Still, for a late evening, fast deal a meal, it wasn’t too bad. I gave it a 7 on a scale of 10!

No comments:

Post a Comment