Monday, December 23, 2013

Hamburgers and fries at the Frosted Mug!

5861 US Hwy 160, Forsyth, MO 65653 *
(417) 546-4149
Even though I've recently changed my diet in a rather drastic way by adopting the Paleo Diet which severely restricts such foods as processed meat, pastas dairy, breads and all pastries – I've still allowed myself two 'open meals' per week where I can stray. This week, my very first open meal was on a Monday and I chose to enjoy a hamburger and fries at a local eatery known as The Frosted Mug. At a cost of only $6.95, this meal really had only one 'bad' thing going for it – those oh so tasty French fries!

Pro bartender Heather was great!
As a food that made it to #3 on the list of 'Five worst foods you can eat', the ubiquitous French fry is not one of the best of foods to eat all the time! It's a fried food and it can add on the pounds in no time! (A much smarter meal would be a hamburger and a small salad for about the same or less money)! Maybe I'll order that next time... then again, maybe not!

Tim Evans
The hamburger, which was cooked by Chef Tim Evans, was top notch! And, to my credit and surprise, I only ate half that order of fries! Note: I also made sure to take a couple of capsules of Fish oil which is a rich source of Omega-3 fatty acids, and as such, helps to balance out the not so good for you Omega-6 acids that come with eating the meal. If you eat a lot of junk food I would highly recommend that you take this supplement! Side note: There is some new evidence that you can overdo supplements, especially Vitamins C,B6, E and A, so be careful.

After staying away from the Mug for a prolonged period of time, I've made I a point to once again frequent this long-lived eating establishment, especially in light of the recent improvements to the cooking and the bar-tending staff. Professionals like Heather help made the experience very enjoyable! If you live in the Forsyth, Mo area, I'd urge you to give them a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment