Sunday, February 3, 2019

How I planned to survive a low carb diet?

The question before me, on an early day in February 2019, was pretty easy for me to understand. Did I really want to lose some weight? Yes! Fuck yes I did! Now, the real question that I needed to figure out was...how?

The goal, for moi, was pretty easy to visualize. I wanted to quickly drop from 200 romping stomping pounds, down to a more svelte 175! I wanted to take a few steps outside and not feel like I was passing out. I wanted to feel good... I wanted... Fuck it, I just wanted to fit inside my clothes again!

After reading a book or two, I finally began to understand the concept that carbs were very possibly at the foundation of my weight problem. Yes, carbohydrates, a form of food (breads, potatoes, pastries, etc) that once ingested, were quickly turned into glucose with any remaining junk headed for the fat assemble machinery down around my waist! In a younger body, most of that glucose is efficiently burned, while in my oldie and moldy body, not so much so. I'd merely hit a sugar high, followed by a crash that left me wanting even more junk and sugary food. And, let me tell you, being hungry all the time, doesn't end too well!

So, I began eating lots of meat, eggs and assorted veggies.  At right is a nutritional breakout of a lunch time repast consisting of chicken breast, mushrooms, broccoli and carrots - all steamed to perfection and tasting great!

So, that was lunch. For most breakfasts, I planned to have an egg on toast (OMG) along with a couple of strips of bacon which are carbohydrate free! And, after those two meals, I like to enjoy a bowl of cereal and milk for dinner. Sure there were some carbs in that, but in the end, I had stayed int the under 60 grams per day level that worked to help shed the pounds!

The real question was one of effectiveness. I began my low carbohydrate approach on the first of February and plan to post a followup on the 15th! Stay turned!




No comments:

Post a Comment