Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Critique: A cherry pie Blast-o-Rama!

In this commercial picture, I feel they could have done a better job!
For someone with one foot already dipped ever so lightly into the pool of Type II diabetes, I normally tend to shy away from anything with extremely high levels of sugar! (And, for the most part, I've been successful). Then, one afternoon in July, while shopping at a local grocery, I spied this small package labeled 'Cherry Pie'! They are made by a company called JJ's Bakery which is actually JTM Foods out of Erie, PA and each 113 gram pie serving contains a whopping 410 calories.Gee, almost an entire for this aging dieter!

But, what really sealed the purchase deal, for me, on this occasion was the fact that you can 'try them warmmm' by nuking them in the microwave for about 15 seconds. that brought me instantly back in time to my youth and the cheery pies my mom like to make! Who could resist that? [The only turn off for me was that picture of the filing! Horrible! They could have done a much better job, in my opinion.

As you might imagine, the taste was all it could be! Hey, who doesn't like raw sugar? For only 75 cents, this deal was well worth the risk! I gave it a 9 on a scale of 10!

Update: In early 2016, this treat was still seventy five cents!


No comments:

Post a Comment