Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Critique: Smart Ones Pasta Primavera!

'Tender bow tie pasta with broccoli florets and julienne-cut carrots in a creamy Parmesan sauce.' That's the description on the cover of this Weight Watchers 250 calories TV dinner! It was on sale for $2.50 and I decided to give one a try. I mean who can resist bow tie pasta?

Like some of the other Smart Ones offerings, this meal comes in at about a calorie per gram. That's a good figure to see in any complex food, if you're thinking of losing weight. In my case, I am trying to consume just 1300 calories per day. At that rate, I am losing about 1.5 pounds per week, a number that most doctors consider safe. It's important, however, that I make sure the foods I'm consuming are
healthy! That translates into a balance mix of carbohydrates, proteins and fats! During an average month (July 2014), I averaged 1,267 calories per day. (See the pie chart for the breakout). I managed to lose 6 pounds, and yet, I ate pretty well!

Preparation of the Pasta Primavera meal deal was fairly straightforward – You pull back a corner of the plastic covering. Nuke on high for 3 ½ minutes, stir, recover and nuke for another minute! A simple meal to prepare for a simple person like myself!

The taste was a pleasant surprise. First off the pasta was thankfully al dente – had it been anything other than perfect, I would have shit-canned the meal right there. The Parmesan sauce also brought a lot to the party and seemed to tie everything together. I gave this one a 7 on a scale of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment