Thursday, July 14, 2011

Empire Park looking great in July!

I would guess that a day like this, a Thursday in mid July, is about as summery as you can get. The temperatures, which had been hitting the century mark, have gone down the last few days and today are in the upper eighties. Perfect weather in which to find a spot to sit down and watch the water and the few boats that are out on it. What made this day especially nice was the cool breeze that came in across the water.

I drove over to Empire Park, situated just above the Powersite Dam in Forsyth Missouri, to get in a bit of biking. I’ve found the circuit that runs from one end of the park to the other to be about 1.4 miles. The ground is smooth in some parts and hilly in others, but never so bad as to force me off my bike. Doing the circuit twice gives me a total distance of about three miles and this fits in nicely with my exercise plan.

Surprisingly, there were not very many people out and about on this date. I spotted a couple of boats that were pulling inflatables behind them. Looked like fun for the kids that were bouncing all over the water! There were also the ever present fishermen and boy they are a dedicated lot, I’ll tell you.

I a couple of days, be sure to stop by if you’re in the area, for the annual cookout where contestants will be grilling up all sorts of food for prizes and everyone’s eating enjoyment.

No comments:

Post a Comment