Monday, May 6, 2013

How to break a diet in sixty seconds!

There comes a point in every diet, a tipping point as it were, where the urge to just PIG OUT becomes unbearable! And whenever I am thinking this way, I invariably turn to McDonald's as the chief despoiler of my carefully crafted weight loss program.

Next to pasta (diet dynamite), white bread (a total sugar rush) and potatoes (tubers from Hell), McDonald's has got to rank right up there as a diet busting destination of culinary choice. I'm not sure what it is that drives me to kill a diet in this particular way when all those other guys are right at hand in my kitchen. Maybe they sprinkle their french fries with a light dusting of nicotine and opium! And maybe that's why after eating an extra large batch of fries, I feel so damn good.

And those cheeseburgers! You know, the ones that cost only a buck! Man-o-man, I don't even want to go there. I can gobble this combo of burger and fries down in just under a New York minute! Wham-bam thank you ma'am! And, there went 700 calories right on down the old chute where magically they get converted to a pound of fat on the spot. (If you think I'm kidding, just order up this combo for a week and check out your weight gain)!

Don't get me wrong. I'm not blaming McDonald's for my affliction. And, I've even managed to refrain from indulging not more than once a week. But, I gotta tell you, the Big M is never far from my glutinous thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment