Wednesday, April 10, 2019

A baked potato with sour cream!

Mr. Potato: 'What do you call this thing? Ans: A Final Destination!
As I was in a blah sort of mood, I really didn't want to do anything very exceptional or complex for my dinner. And so, I decided to nuke a small and unsuspecting Russet potato, add some sour cream and just pig out!

The smallish Russet potato I used for this meal came in at just 183 grams. It was washed, patted dry and then nuked in a 700 watt microwave oven for about 5 minutes. After test it for doneness, I allowed it to sit a few and then cracked it open. One tablespoon of sour cream was applied along with a generous amount of salt substitute (potassium chloride) and some black pepper! The result was awesome and very tasty!

 OK. So, about 181 calories... not bad. And, other than the carbs this was a pretty healthy meal!

Notes: As I very rarely eat an entire potato, I drew two 'halfers' from my data file on foods. And the 'butter' I used was also a butter sub. The overall cost of this meal was under thirty cents.

No comments:

Post a Comment