Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Oven baked hot chicken legs!

I decided to bake some chicken legs in the oven on this day rather than to try and cook them out on a grill on what was a very windy day! This little recipe is easy, fun and fast to do. It can also be easily up-scaled to larger numbers of legs for families and such!

I started this hot chicken leg effort by preheating my oven to 350°.

Ready to go into the oven!
While the oven was heating, I washed three chicken legs and dried them thoroughly with paper towels so that the flavorings and the oil would stick better. I then brushed on a bit of olive oil over each leg, added some hot sauce with a little black pepper and cayenne pepper and then placed them into a Tupperware ceramic pot. I baked these, uncovered, for 30 minutes, then turned them over and went for 20 minutes longer. Have patience, we're almost there...

Finally, I increased the oven temperature to 400° - removed the legs from the pot with tongs and placed them on top of a foil covered cookie sheet. I then baked them for about 20 minutes longer, turning them over after 10 minutes, until they were nicely browned on both sides. As a last thought, I drizzled a bit more of the hot sauce over the legs as they cooled down! Serves 1 to 2 adults.

My Thoughts: Overall, not a bad tasting chicken recipe. The chicken was well cooked, but they weren't as hot as I would have preferred, (the fresh sauce did provide a bit of a kick)! I ate these with blue cheese dressing as a side, broccoli and a small salad for a total of about 400 calories! A good combination!

No comments:

Post a Comment