Saturday, March 7, 2015

A new sensation – washing machine meals!

Looks to be a Maytag!
OK, before you totally gag out on the concept, it wasn't me that came up with the idea. I have a friend,(let's say her name is... Sheila, just to protect her identity as sometimes I'm not sure she's actually from planet earth, if you know what I mean).

Well, my interest got peaked when this woman posted a picture of a food creation she had made. I was quite startled when I noticed that the meal had apparently come from the washing machine pictured in back. On inquiring, 'Sheila' disclosed that she had been preparing food in her washing machine for some time. She added that this rather strange practice started when her stove broke down and she was forced to improvise....

I'll admit I was absolutely captivated by the concept, but couldn't figure out for the life of me how you'd make something edible in a washing machine! I mean there all that water and those suds! 'No problem', 'Sheila' informed me, 'I just make sure to wrap everything up really tight in a wad of aluminum foil.' She then added that as a bonus to cooking this way, 'you can do a load of laundry at the same time!' She confided to me that she uses a very hot water setting to cook the food, but admitted that she had to occasionally use two cycles on dense meats like turkey and hams.

I was invited to come over to her place to sample a meatloaf she'd just made, but declined as I told her I really had to wash my socks.

No comments:

Post a Comment