Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Critique: Schwan's French Baguette Bread!

Fresh and warm!
According to Schwan's Home Delivery, their French Baguette bread is 'easily stored in your freezer, it’s a happy day when the aroma of freshly baked bread fills your home. Our bread is crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. Great for a ham and Swiss sandwich, or get out the butter and strawberry jam! Ideal served with soft French cheeses, salads, soups or any entrée.'
At a cost of $5.79 for three frozen loaves, I thought that while expensive, I would try them anyway!
The instructions were to pre-heat an oven to 375F and then to bake each loaf for about 15-16 minutes. I did this and then and then cut myself off a slice after the loaf had cooled for a few minutes.
Score: The crust was hard and the insides tender – just like myself. And, as I can use it as I need it, it will be a sure repeat purchase! I scored this a solid 9.

No comments:

Post a Comment