Sunday, December 21, 2014

Critique: Schwan's Meat Lasagna!

According to Schwan's – Their #709 Meat Lasagna at $5.49, is 'convenient, great tasting, Italian-style lasagna made just for you! This lasagna is made from scratch, with curly edge pasta noodles, three layers of rich meat sauce, and a four cheese filling featuring Ricotta, Parmesan, Romano and Mozzarella. Same formula as our Family Size Lasagna (#716). Perfect for a scrumptious lunch or dinner entrée!'

In the small package, you get two one cup servings that total about 340 calories! The directions are simple; just make 5 small slits in the plastic cover and plop it into a preheated oven set at 375°F for 32 minutes, then remove the plastic cover and cook for an additional 12-15 minutes. The internal temperature should be 165°F or higher. There are also directions for preparation in the microwave.

A customer review: LOVE THIS !!! YUMMMMM!! Date:March 16, 2012
" I grew up in an Italian neighborhood and ate homemade lasagna a lot. Next to what I ate then, this is as close as I have ever come. I cook in microwave, and after it is done I leave it in there for five minutes or so. Result: YUMMMMM !!! "

My take on this meal was that for the money, it is a phenomenal deal. The taste was superb, the noodles cooked to perfection and I was tempted to eat both serving at one sitting! I gave this meal a solid 8 on a scale of 10 and plan to order it often!

No comments:

Post a Comment