Monday, December 26, 2011

Merry Christmas from the Johnstons




Dear One and All!

Well, it's been a humdinger of a year for both of myself and Stella, I'll tell you that! Just getting my wife to pose for our Family Holiday picture proved to be a real challenge. She had been sipping eggnog the afternoon our neighbor came over to take this portrait, and as you can see here, she was a bit squirmy. Poor girl.

This year we had much to celebrate. Hoo Wee! Even though I was laid off from the job in August I've kept myself busy working at home. Stella really seemed to enjoy having me at the house 24/7 and gosh darn it, I was afraid I'd get in her hair! I guess those drugs she takes have helped out a lot also.

Seems our boy, Harold, manged to get himself arrested on a morals charge shortly before December and so was unable to come for our traditional Christmas dinner. Word is, he will be getting out sometime in March. We just love that boy to death, I'll tell you.

Great news came in the mail just last week. My Aunt Hedi is planning to move into Harold's old room as she has fallen on hard times due to the collapse of her business selling oven mittens on Ebay. Darn the luck. And, even though Stella has had a hard time getting along with her in the past, I'm sure the close living arrangement will change all that. (I just have to laugh, though, when I recall the way she snores at night)! Hope Stella is a sound sleeper.

Ho Boy! And are we both ever looking forward to the coming year. Stella, who is a devout Republican just barely tolerates the fact that I support President Obama to the extent we have a portrait of him over the mantle. He has been the cause of a lot of 'lively debates' so far and I expect that will continue through 2012. Ha ha!

Gosh, will you look at me. I've been rambling right along, haven't I. We hope everyone out there has a great Christmas and a wonderful New Year. Thanks to whoever sent us these swell Christmas sweaters. Stella just loves hers and we both plan to wear them on those extra cold days this winter.

By for now and love you all,


Conrad and Stella Johnston

No comments:

Post a Comment