Friday, November 25, 2016

Forsyth MO 2016 Christmas Parade on Dec 3, 2016!



Forsyth MO. - Everyone loves a parade and the folks living in my quaint southwestern Missouri town are no exception. The footage above was shot in 2010, showing the fire trucks and men and women of our great Fire Department throwing out candy to one and all!

Now sure, I get it. Forsyth's Christmas Parade could be considered somewhat lame when compared to say New York City! But, they are fun to attend and I would urge everyone who can make it, to show up! (At this time, I was not sure as to the exact time of the event, so you might want to call the Forsyth Chamber of Commerce at 417-546-2741 and ask)! Also, the parade generally starts on Coy Blvd and then proceeds down Hwy 160 to Y Highway. I think, if you get there around 1PM, you will be in plenty of time to witness the fun! In general, I like to arrive early and have lunch at one of the many restaurants that line the street like the Long Horn. Either that, or I take the opportunity to stretch my legs and do some shopping at venues like 'Etc. Etc'. Note that the 'Rain Date' is Dec the 10th! In any case, a lot of men and women spend the time to put it all together and I'd expect to see lots of community support on that day! God bless America and keep her safe!

Update: Forecast for Dec 3 - Cooler...cloudy. Slight chance of rain in the morning... then rain likely in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 40's. Temperature steady or slowly falling in the afternoon. Light wind in the morning becoming southeast around 10 mph in the afternoon. Chance of rain 60%. Anyone planning to attend might want to call the Chamber at 546-2741 for exact times and status of the event! According to my sources, the parade is on! Lineup on Coy Blvd at 1PM - Parade starts at around 2PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment